Victoria Epilepsy & Parkinson's Centre
For information about upcoming programs and workshops
please contact Lindsay Beal at 250-475-6677 or by email.
A new workshop:
A Naturopathic Approach to Epilepsy - HeadWay teams up with Acacia Health
We all know that nutrition is critical for all of us, but what exactly is nutrition? Do you think of meat, potatoes, rice and vegetables? Do you think of vitamins and minerals? What else does the science of nutrition involve? Find out from those who specialize in nutrients and nourishment as treatments – naturopathic doctors!
Dr Pam Hutchison & Dr Stephanie Bayliss, from Acacia Integrated Health Clinic specialize in neurological conditions. Of course, we are each unique, so our nutritional needs may differ, but there are general principles that can be addressed through group programs. We are excited to announce A Naturopathic Approach to Epilepsy with Dr. Stephanie Bayliss and Dr. Pam Hutchison. This small group workshop is designed for optimal learning. You will learn about the most common naturopathic treatment plans for people with epilepsy and you will have an opportunity to ask questions and gain clarity.
Thursday January 19, 2017
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
HeadWay 202-1640 Oak Bay Ave.
$20 advance registration fee can be made by cash, cheque or credit card. Subsidized rates are available if requested.
Contact the agency at 250-475-6677 to register.
For further information: Call or email Lindsay Beal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Parkinson's and Epilepsy Personal Medication Education Service
With Dr. M. Gheis, Neuropsychiatrist and Amy Tran, Pharmacist
New Parkinson’s & Epilepsy Medication Review & Education Consult Service Medication management of neurological conditions can be complicated and lead to unanswered questions. We are pleased to advise that neuropsychiatrist, Dr. Mohamed Gheis is volunteering his time to offer a one-time consult medication review and education service to our agency clients. Amy Tran, volunteer pharmacist, will be assisting with this project.
You are eligible for this service if:
• You would like a one-time session with Dr. Gheis to help you to understand your Epilepsy or mood related treatment options better
• You have a treating physician who will both authorize this service and be responsible for any follow up treatment ideas.
• You are not currently experiencing a mental health crisis.
• This pilot program will commence in September.
• We will require your treating physician’s authorization.
• Eligible clients will receive one appointment only.
• One hour appointments will be booked on one Wednesday each month.
• You will be scheduled for an appointment at HeadWay’s office 202-1640 Oak Bay Ave.
• You will be asked to bring a list of your current medications
• During the meeting with Dr. Gheis, volunteer pharmacist Amy Tran will supply you with summary notes from the session.
• Dr. Gheis will send a follow up report to your physician directly
• To request an appointment or if you have any questions, please contact Lindsay Beal, the project coordinator, at 250-475-6677 or via email to email@example.com.