The website links listed below are provided as a service only. They are intended to be a starting point for those who wish to obtain information about Parkinson’s via the internet. A good way to branch out from the following sources is to go to each organization's "Related Links."
In no way does the Victoria Epilepsy and Parkinson’s Centre imply endorsement of, or accept responsibility for, the content of any website. Please consult with your physician providing your health care for medical advice.
VICTORIA AND LOCAL RESOURCES:
- Victoria Epilepsy and Parkinson's Centre - CRD, epilepsy services, information and web links
- Family Caregivers' Network Society - Greater Victoria caregivers' info, services & quality newsletter
- HealthLink BC - link for 24 hour access to nurse, pharmacist, dietician (or dial 811)
- Seniors Serving Seniors - local info on health, social, legal & community services
- Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA) - home and hospital health services
- Pacific Parkinson's Research Centre - Info on UBC's research work, clinic services, PH info
- Parkinson Society BC - Parkinson's services in BC (outside CRD), info, resources
- Parkinson Society Canada - lists all Canadian PD services agencies and PD info
- American Parkinson Disease Association the largest grass roots organization serving the Parkinson’s community in the U.S.
- APDA Young Parkinson's Information Centre - info & resources for young onset PD, publications to download
- MEDLINEplus: Parkinson's Disease - quality info and online resources, National Institutes of Health
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research - (New York) info, research news
- National Parkinson Foundation, Inc. (Miami) - 'Ask the Expert' forums, Parkinson Report magasine, publications to download (medications, fitness, nutrition, speech, caregiving, practical points, etc
- Northwest Parkinson's Foundation - weekly PD news updates
- Parkinson's Disease Foundation - 'Ask the Expert' service, regular webcasts, detailed topic info
- Parkinson's Disease Society (UK - London) - info sheets to download, eg, freezing, complementary therapies, etc
- PD Trials - clinical trials seeking participants
- We Move - quality info on PD
- World Parkinson Disease Association - lists worldwide national Parkinson's organizations